The fourth of July started out pretty mellow at our house. We had plans to head over to Sarah and Jeff's house to celebrate with the family that was in town, but since Independence Day is generally celebrated in the evening, we had a morning and afternoon to spend together. Tim took the day off, so we spent the morning decorating t-shirts for us to wear that day.
We all decided on a general idea of how we wanted the shirts to look and went at it.
Tim took the most time of all of us getting his just right. I was impressed.
After our shirts were dry we headed to Sarah and Jeff's for a barbecue and hanging out. It was so nice to just visit and enjoy each other. The kids played inside mostly because it was so hot outside, and we all headed out front for ice cream and fireworks. Here are Alana and I in our festive shirts.
Silly Caitlyn and I.
Beautiful Alyssa
Alana and her almost birthday twin Uncle Dan
Beautiful Mariah and I.
And of course a picture of me and my monkey.
The kids went to town as kids do with sparklers.
And even though he was teased relentlessly, Brayden wrote I love mom on the street with his sparkler.
Dang it, I make good lookin' kids.
Tim, doing what he does with ground blooms.
Alyssa and Alana hanging out on Aunt Sarah's jean quilt.
Baby Joseph in on all the action.
And Brayden waiting patiently to set something on fire with Uncle Jeff.
We love family time.















No comments:
Post a Comment