I pride myself in how well I know and remember movie lines.
My family, on any given day, can say the name of a movie (mostly Disney) and I can give them an uncommon quote from it, a few lines even. Tim thinks its crazy, the kids think its entertaining.
Its a win, win, really.
One day, we were hanging out and one of the kids had a wound of some sort on their body somewhere. (sorry I don't remember where, exactly).
I leaned over and put my finger on it, touched it and made a noise that made sense to me to sound like a light going on. (use your imagination here)
I was "quoting" without saying any words, E.T.
Alana corrected me and said, "Mom, E.T. says ouch when he touches Elliot's finger when he cuts it. It doesn't light up. It lights up when he puts it by his face at the end."
Nu uh......
Ya huh!
Nu uh.........
YA HUH!!
Wanna bet!?
Yep!
Okay, breakfast in bed tomorrow made by the loser for the winner.
On went E.T. in the living room.
Guess who was wrong. :-/
So, as promised, I made Alana breakfast in bed. Pancakes (from another morning I made them fresh and froze them for later meals), fresh strawberries, milk and an omelet.
She was in hog heaven
And while she ate her breakfast in bed, I served myself a large piece of humble pie.



No comments:
Post a Comment