Alana turned 10!!!
Holy smokes I can't believe I have a ten year old child!
Alana had recently gotten into the Percy Jackson series of books so her request for her cake was a satyr.
Um...?
Okay. Well, lets see what I can come up with.
Here's the birthday girl with the finished product.
I had a rough time finding satyrs on Google images that weren't either Disney (think Hercules) super masculine men with tons of huge muscles, or ones that weren't all sexualized. She was turning 10 for heaven's sake! And she is beyond the point of reading books with pictures so I had nothing to go on for what a satyr looked like in Percy Jackson. So I improvised. She seemed to like it. She told me that she really wanted a lightning bolt on the cake somewhere too, so I just added that to the side.
Ready to blow her candles out.
We shared her cake with Tim's family during family dinner and she got to open a couple of presents while the family was here. This was her necklace/jewelry holder I found at Goodwill for her. She loved it!
On her actual birthday she woke up to presents on the couch for her. Clothes (this picture is of her looking at the Mickey Mouse shirt I found for her) and my old digital camera for her to keep.
After breakfast, Brayden presented her with the gift he bought her (with his own money!)
A 5 hole Kendama! (all the rage with kids in 2013 btw.)
She got to talk on the phone to her Grandpa Midence too! Love that smile
For dinner we like to take the kids to a nice (not fast food) restaurant of their choosing. Alana chose BJ's. Here she is with her free birthday pazookie.
Grama and Grandpa Carpenter came along to celebrate with us.
She is so big. I can't believe how beautiful she is and that in just a couple of short years she will be going into young women's, junior high school and will be old enough to go to girl's camp!
Where has the time gone?!









No comments:
Post a Comment