Since my relationship with my mom isn't that great, we struggle to get her to come visit us. After Shannon had Summer, I understood why she wasn't out and about visiting people. Keeping germs away from new babies is a big deal. But I got to the point where I was getting really bugged with the fact that the rest of my family hadn't met the baby yet, so I went to West Sacramento and brought Shannon and Summer back to the house to visit and meet the kids.
Sweet girl.
I just love her little chubby face and baby cleavage. :-)
Shannon was still struggling with keeping Summer asleep for very long, so I did with her what I did with my own kids, I wrapped her up like a burrito. She slept for over 2 hours! Even though I knew she wouldn't keep doing, it, it was nice that I could show her something that could work for her. Here's my beautiful baby whisperer, Alana with Summer.
Sweet sleeping baby.
Brayden wasn't so excited to hold the baby, but being the mean mom I am, I made him hold her anyway. He likes babies, but doesn't really know what to do with himself when they are that little and don't laugh or move much. What a good sport.
It was a nice visit. We visited for a bit longer after Summer woke up and then took them back home to West Sacramento.
I breaks my heart that I don't see Shannon or Summer much, especially since we really don't live that far away from each other, but at least I do what I can to sustain the relationships however I can. I am praying that Shannon gets her driver's license soon so that we can meet somewhere or she can come visit more often without having to rely so much on my mom to bring her.





No comments:
Post a Comment