MY missionary came for a visit last year.
I call him MY missionary because he is one of the missionaries that taught me the discussions and invited me to get baptized when I was 11 years old.
His name is Evan Coleman. He has always gone by Fritz. I don't know why, but it doesn't matter.
He is fantastic.
I will never forget when he would come and give me and my sister the missionary discussions. I thought he was so cute, and I really didn't listen to much of what was coming out of his mouth. I just knew he loved what he was teaching and I was smitten with him so I just went along with whatever he said.
When I was invited to be baptized, I said YES because I knew that would make him happy. My sister and I were going to get baptized on the same day by our uncle but he ended up having to move the date. I wasn't having that so I asked my missionary to baptize me instead of my uncle. I remember being so nervous because I had such a big crush on him. We even have a picture of us together with him with his arm around my shoulder and me standing with my hand straight down by my side because I knew I wasn't allowed to hug him. I was a dork.
Here we are 21 years later.
We have kept in touch over the years (yes, even before facebook was even an idea in someone's head).
We wrote letters a little and talked on the phone. He came to visit when he was courting his wife and met Tim. When I went to Utah I would go visit him.
He was in California on vacation with his kids and made time to come and have dinner with me and mine.
We went to pizza and chatted for a couple of hours.
It was so great to see him and catch up.
Its nice to know that I have someone like that in my life that I am not related to that has known me for a very long time that still reaches out and cares as much today as he did back when I was an awkward girl.
LOVE YOU FRITZ!

No comments:
Post a Comment