For our anniversary, I told Tim I wanted to go shooting.
He was both shocked and thrilled.
I had never gone shooting before, and always wanted to.
We have guns, shouldn't I know how to use one?
We took the kids to a sitter's house and headed over to The Gun Room in Elk Grove to have some fun.
Tim taught me some basic rules of handling a gun as well as gun safety and put up my target.
I wasn't shy.
This was my first target (Tim took aim at this one too.)
For some reason I felt like aiming for the heart was the best, so I did just that.
After a few rounds Tim made sure I knew I was supposed to aim for the "X" on the target. Oh! Okay!
Tim took his turn with our pistol too.
Then I took another turn and showed a new target who the boss was.
Uh, you see that nearly perfect bulls eye?!
Beginners luck? Maybe. But I kicked butt!
Tim brought the rifle too and had fun with it. I took one shot with it and kindly handed it back to him. It had too much of a kick for me and it hurt my shoulder. Maybe if we had a different kit on it so it would work for shorter armed people like myself I would have liked it more.
Here's the happy couple selfie - the couple that shoots together stays together, right?
Then we had to try to look tough, you know, because we were shooting guns...
After shooting we took the guns home and headed to dinner.
A new restaurant called Johnny Garlic's opened up near my work so we went there. Dinner was delicious (obviously too delicious because I didn't take a picture before scarfing it down), and when the waitress found out it was our anniversary she brought us a complementary dessert. It was hilarious when she thought we had only been married for 3 years and we told her we had been married for 12. She was shocked!
It was an anniversary I will not soon forget.
Even if it was mostly because I scared the crap out of my husband showing him what a good shot I was.
:-D








No comments:
Post a Comment