Monday, September 1, 2014

Shannon's Maternity Photo Shoot 5-18-2013

As baby Summer's arrival date neared, I decided to reach out to Shannon and offer to take some pictures for her that I had never had done of myself when I was pregnant with the kids.
We decided to meet at my grandparent's house and got right to work.
Shannon was dressed so cute, and curled her hair really pretty.
She was beaming.
I brought some props along for her to use, including scrabble pieces. We wrote out girl, love and of course, Summer.
 Shannon was so happy
 Growing baby bump
 After a handful of pictures out back we headed upstairs to my grandparent's bedroom. I had never taken a silhouette before, but was pleasantly surprised at how this came out. 
 Grama had some pink ribbon we wrapped around Shannon to show she was having a girl.
Grama also has this awesome mirror we used for some reflection pictures. This one turned out to be my favorite, especially when I edited it to black and white. (although I was mad at myself for not moving the ugly eye sore of a flashlight in the background before getting it.) 
I also love to collect nice empty picture frames.  
 Shannon said sitting like this was super comfy, even though I cringed at the thought of the pain in her knees and back.
I was so happy to be able to capture shots like this for Shannon. I may not have been thrilled that she was pregnant at 17, especially since she hadn't graduated high school yet, but I am always happy when I get to be an aunt again!

No comments:

Post a Comment