On one of my days off, the kids and I drove down to Susuin City to spend the day with my friend Jacky. I met her while I was working at a potter painting studio years ago. She and her family are fantastic, some of the kindest and best people we know. She taught Alana how to swim, attended her baptism and is just amazing in every possible way. We lover our Jac!
We started the day just hanging out a little at her house.
Jacky doesn't have any kids of her own yet, but I never worry about my kids being bored without kids to play with when we see her. She always has some fun things for the kids to do when we see her.
Here they are all together collecting goodies from Jac's craft room.
And the kids went to town stamping and having fun with her crafts while she and I had some chatty grown up time in her living room.
After lunch we headed down the road to the Jelly Belly factory. I had never been (neither had the kids) so we thought it would be a fun outing to do since we were so close.
I had to snap pictures of the kids for memories (of course)
The kids were amazed at the jelly bean art.
We went right in and got into a tour group pretty quickly. And, because she loves me, Jacky grabbed my camera to snap a picture of me with the kids to prove I was there too. :-)
Lets get this show on the road and learn about some candy mom, stop making us take pictures!
okay, okay, one more with our Jacky
The kids loved the factory. Neither of them realized how many different flavors of jelly beans there were. And they were thoroughly grossed out to learn that they make vomit and ear wax flavored jelly beans. (neither of them were brave enough to try them)
After the tour we went back to Jacky's house for a bit and the kids played video games. Alana picked a dancing game and Jacky joined in. It was so much fun!
Alana took my camera and snapped this cute picture of Jac and I just before we headed home.
I love hanging out with her. It is so nice to have someone in my life like her that I can sit and have serious talks with and in the same conversation laugh until I cry. Love me some Jacky!










No comments:
Post a Comment