The day finally came.
It felt like it was taking forever to come.
But it came! And I was so excited and so proud!
Brayden was baptized.
I had to work the day of his baptism (I was SO incredibly upset about this. The rest of the people at work took the week off and because of that I had to work. Luckily, I was able to close the office just after lunch time so that we could have some family pictures taken before the baptism, have dinner and head to the church on time. But I cried while I was at work because I just wanted to be with my family.)
It all worked out though, and the day ended up lovely. Here's Brayden's sign in table at the church.
Brayden and Daddy before the baptism. Surprisingly I wasn't as emotional with him getting baptized as I was with Alana.
What a strapping, handsome young man.
Some of our friends (the Riegers) came to support Brayden's decision to be baptized and brought him this plaque.
The baptism began and though we didn't have as much of a turn out for Brayden's baptism as we did for Alana's there were still so many people there supporting him. I made sure to get lots of pictures of Brayden with people that came.
Here are Brayden, Tim and "Grandpa Mike" (Mike Hansen). Mike was like a second dad to Tim when he was young. He baptized Tim and gave him the Aaronic Priesthood.
"Grandma Marty" (Marty Thomas) made Brayden's vest and tie. Since the girls get beautiful dresses, and the boys generally just wear a jumpsuit, I wanted Brayden to have his own special baptism outfit too. So I bought him his own white pants and a new white shirt. Grama Marty and I went shopping and found this beautiful white fabric and the fabric for his tie. We found a pattern and she went to work. He looked so dapper.
Brayden was confirmed and given the Holy Ghost by his Grandpa Porter. (Grandpa told us after the baptism was over that he forgot that he was doing that, otherwise he would have worn a white shirt and tie.)
"Uncle Benny" (Benjamin Thomas) gave a talk on Baptism.
Uncle Jeff gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.
We had a lovely day.
(not pictured was a towel my good friend embroidered for Brayden with his name and baptism date on it.)










No comments:
Post a Comment