The kids had the opportunity to go with my Uncle Glenn and Aunt Sharon and cut down a real Christmas tree this year. Because of our family mold and mildew allergies we don't get to have a real tree. We are perfectly happy with our little fake tree we put up, but I wanted my kids to have the experience of going and cutting one down like I have done in the past as a kid.
Since my uncle and aunt cut theirs down every year they let my kids tag along with them (they took pictures while they were there, but I have yet to receive my own copies of said pictures. I will try to remember to blog them when I get them)
A couple days later (after the tree they chose had time to air out and dry some) we went over and the kids got to help them decorate the tree too! (I made yummy waffles for dinner while they got started)
I snapped this first one on here on my phone. My cousin, Amber, is serving a mission in Japan and I wanted to be able to get the pictures of what we were doing onto facebook fast so she could see. Mostly because what my Uncle Glenn is setting up are bells that drive her and her brother insane!!! But their parents love them, and my kids do too, so we thought it would be funny to get a picture of them going up! :)
Here's Brayden with an ornament he thought was cool
My aunt has so much cute decor. This was a toothpick holder...tiny little Santa boot :)
Alana helping set up the nativity
These made me giggle when they came out of the box to be put out. My sister and I had the exact same ones when we were kids; these are Ryan and Amber's though.(I had the reindeer, though for some reason I thought it was a moose, and Tiffany had the bear) If you pushed on the plaid part it had a little button inside that played a Christmas song. :)
Brayden helped Uncle Glenn set up the train around the base of the tree when the rest of the ornaments were all put up
Here they are with their masterpiece :)
Then I tried to get a nice picture of the kids with Uncle Glenn and Aunt Sharon and both of them did this...
They laughed and laughed because it wasn't planned at all, they just did it.
Here's a nice one I finally got!
I'm so glad my kids got to share these memories with family I love so much.









No comments:
Post a Comment