I help my good friend, Molly, with her kids babysitting her youngest and picking up her older two kids from school from time to time. It is nice for my kids to have their "cousins" around. Molly's girls really thrive off of our household after school routine when I have them during the week, but there are are times when I get to have them on a Friday and we get to have more fun because none of the kids have homework to worry about.
One such day, I surprised the five of them with a little detour on the way to my house. We stopped at a great park nearby and I let them play for well over 3 hours. They LOVED it and we would have stayed longer if the temperature didn't drop like it did.
While they were playing around, one of them discovered this rope ladder thing and called for the rest of them to come play. This contraption is on a "lazy susan" type thing so it spins. They had so much fun climbing and spinning around and around. I was so worried someone was going to get sick. (and I don't do well with throwing up)
While watching them I had a vision of an adorable picture I could get of the five of them, if only I could get them to sit still and look in one direction long enough.
I ran over and asked them to let me take a picture REAL QUICK and positioned them just right. (oldest to youngest) I also told them that I wanted a nice picture and if they acted crazy I would make them stay there until I got a good one, so they better cooperate! :)
I stood back, did my usual one, two, three count and VOILA!!!
First shot, no complaining, no crazies. Everyone was looking at me, everyone was smiling! LOVED IT! I zoomed in on the picture to make sure of it and let them go on their way to play! I was thrilled!
Can't resist cute faces like these! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment