(all of these pictures were taken with my phone and filtered in Instagram...FYI)
A couple days after my kids helped my aunt and uncle decorate their REAL tree, we decorated out own. Tim got the Christmas decorations down from the attic and the kids and I did our thing. We put "The Grinch" on and I helped pull out the kids ornaments and stockings.
Tim set up the pre-lit tree (the only way to go if you're gonna have a fake tree if you ask me) while the kids watched the movie for the bit.
Then the kids got to work. We ended up having to move some stuff around after we were done because Domino (one of the cats) played with stuff too much and broke an ornament or two... :(
Here's the cute tree with the kid's stockings hung and ready for Santa
I made some scrabble piece ornaments this year intending on gifting them to people. I ended up just putting some on the tree and decided to make something else and save these for next year. For our tree I made this one, one that says Porter and one for each of the kids.
This is one of our traditions. This book has a scripture, a song and a story for each day of December until Christmas Eve that we read. We always have a hard time remembering to do it every night, or we just get busy, but this is a tradition the kids absolutely LOVE!
I like to wrap presents in simple brown paper I find at the dollar tree. You get more for the same price as the other paper, but there's more on the roll. It makes me think of the song from the Sound of Music "Favorite Things"...brown paper packages tied up with string... :) This is a gift for one of Tim's nieces.
I decided to add watching the animated "A King is Born" movie to our list of Christmas traditions. I love the simplicity in the story and the beautiful animation and music.
We were ready for Christmas!







No comments:
Post a Comment