Monday, December 31, 2012

Elk Grove Nativity 2012

Every year for the past six years our stake has put on a nativity, open to the public, totally free. Each ward "donates" their own personal Nativities for this event to be displayed.

The stake works for days getting things set up at our stake center and beautifully displaying each Nativity carefully. We have choirs from each ward perform and children get to participate in a live Nativity.

This year, each of my kids performed (Brayden was a donkey, Alana was one of the Wise Men). They were in different ones as they were split up by age for the performances. I got to spend a lot of time at the building as I was helping with most of the children during the live Nativity leading them in the song they all sang at the end of each performance. There was, of course, down time in between performances so I got to walk around a look at all of the Nativities on display.

First things first, here's a picture of my cute little donkey. :) I didn't take this picture as I was helping with the kids on and off stage, but I thought he looked adorable. We didn't get a picture of Alana :(
 Here are just some of the ones I fell in love with:
This one was Brayden's favorite. We love Veggie Tales in our house! :)
 Charlie Brown
 This one was all hand crocheted/knitted.
 I thought this one was so unique - nutcrackers.
 Uh, unique doesn't even cover this one...its made out of engine parts!
 I think this one is my most favorite. Simple, elegant...perfect.
 This one is from Spain
 This one is Peruvian. I thought their faces were beautiful!
 Olive Wood from Jerusalem :) Gorgeous!
 We also had some trees decorated in the cultural hall. This one is the Fijian and Marshalles Tree
 I loved the glass stable for this one from Mexico
 The color and detail of this one from Peru took my breath away
 This one was the smallest one of all.
 And this is another hand crocheted/knitted one from Vietnam
I LOVE this event. These pictures don't even do the Nativities justice. It is so beautiful and there are so many of them. I can't wait until next year to see how beautiful they all are again and get to reflect on why we really celebrate Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment