I mentioned in a previous post that my baby sister, Shannon was pregnant.
I had the opportunity to help plan her baby shower. I planned the games for the party. We played a what's in your purse game where I gave letters to the guests and they had to see if they had an item in their purse that started with that letter. We also did a how do you know Shannon game, and I had diapers for the guests to write funny messages on for when Shannon changed her diaper.
I went and picked Shannon up the morning of the shower and waxed her eyebrows, and did her hair and make-up so she would feel pretty. I remember being pregnant and just feeling huge, so I wanted her to feel special.
My not so baby sister all grown up having a baby. She was so happy.
This is Matt, Shannon's finacé at the time. He was so excited that he and Shannon were having a girl together.
Matt giving baby Summer kisses.
Shannon's friend Maria took care of the rest of the party (decorations and light food). She made her this cute diaper cake.
Shannon's pile of presents was a size I had never seen before at a baby shower. She received a lot of support. It was wonderful to see.
This outfit was so itty bitty. It melted my heart when Shannon opened it and saw the elephant on it and came over to show me. I couldn't help but snap a picture.
Tim's mom made Shannon this quilt for the baby.
And Shannon got THREE of these bathers for baby Summer. We thought it was funny that it had her name on them and I insisted that people probably bought them because they knew what she was naming her.
It was a lovely day. Shannon was exhausted and eventually her emotions got the best of her as she realized how real it all was and how much people loved her.








No comments:
Post a Comment