I love going to Open House for the kids each year. It gives them the opportunity to show off their accomplishments in the classroom that year and their teachers just beam with joy as the kids show their families around and talk about everything they did. (I think that is partly because Open House means they are nearing the end of the school year and most of their work is done at that point.) :)
We started in Brayden's class this time.
Brayden had Mrs. Greiss and Mrs. Tozi for second grade (the same teachers Alana had for that grade)
I love how fun they make some of the most boring subjects. Mrs. Greiss loves all things dinosaur, so she makes sure to talk up how cool being a paleontologist is! Here's one of Brayden's projects from that subject matter.
I always make sure to take pictures of the kids with their teachers each year.
This is Mrs. Greiss
This was Brayden's favorite thing to show us. I loved it because it really shows his personality and how silly he is. :D
Brayden and Mrs. Tozi. She told me how much she loved having Brayden in class with her because of how smart and funny he was. She said she always looked forward to her work days because she knew he would say or do something funny that would make her smile.
We moved onto Alana's class and I quickly found photographs I didn't know existed of Alana posted on the wall of the classroom, so I snapped pictures of the pictures. Our school has a monthly insert or section in the local Elk Grove Citizen newspaper where our students write articles that get published. This was on Pi day and Alana's class was photographed celebrating it in the school liubrary.
Here's Alana measuring the pie to help serve it to the class.
I also found a picture someone had taken of Alana panning for gold on a field trip.
Here's Alana with her fourth grade teacher Mrs. Bernardis. We couldn't believe how tall Alana was already compared to the tallest female teacher in the school. Mrs. Bernardis was a tough teacher, but Alana loves everyone so things turned out fine.
This is Alana and Mrs. Gomes, the school librarian. Alana often used her recess time to go into the library and help Mrs. Gomes re-stock books and do other projects in the library. They grew very close that year, so we had to make sure to get a picture of them together. (Which was gifted to her in a frame at the end of the year).
I really can't say enough wonderful things about James McKee Elementary.
I love how we feel like family there.









No comments:
Post a Comment