Friday, February 22, 2013

Library Park

I just love it when I pick my kids up from school and begin the drive home and take a turn they don't recognize and confuse them...I do this every so often. Sometimes I even let them tell me how to get home, or to a certain person's house (have them be my navigator).

One day in particular I picked them up from school and we went straight home. They came in and took their shoes off, emptied their backpacks, used the bathroom, washed their hands, had a snack...went thru the usual after school routine. When I knew they were both done with all of their usual responsibilities I told them to get their shoes back on. Curiously they did and we headed to the car.

"Someone tell me where to go." I said.

They were so confused. I just started driving and told them that if they didn't tell me where to go we would just go wherever the car took us.

We turned down a few streets, went straight a little, turned a couple more times and suddenly we stopped. The car had taken us to the library park not far from our house (but far enough that I wasn't feeling up to walking or riding my bike.) The kids were thrilled.

We got out and they immediately ran off to find their "park BFF" for the day like they always do. I snapped a picture of an over-sized book and sat and found a place to sit down. 
 I found the kids climbing on one of the park's cool features and couldn't resist a picture of them.


We stayed for hours and hours (until I was too cold and uncomfortable from sitting on park benches/tables/cement) and headed home.

I love that my kids love to play at the park still and hope it lasts a lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment