Friday, February 22, 2013

April's new hair

Well, I cut my hair again. It was just under 2 years ago when I chopped it off and donated 11 inches to locks of love. I told myself then that I would never chop my hair off again unless it was long enough to donate. I felt like it was just a vanity thing if I did it for any other reason. I don't want to be vain.

Lately though, I have been losing TONS and TONS of hair. It has gotten so thin that I can't keep it clipped up because it just falls out of any clip it put it in. I use regular pony tail holders now instead of the thick hair ones, and even the regular ones don't hold my hair because it just slips right out of it. It got to the point where it was so incredibly thin on the ends that it looked like straw. My hair has always been super soft, even with the straw like ends, but it didn't look very good.

I tried styling it differently, not using so much heat on it. Didn't help. I tried using steam curlers on it after letting it air dry...the curl would just fall right out of it and it would look bad. I was really starting to feel self conscious about it and was incredibly tempted to just shave it all off. If I didn't have hair I wouldn't have to worry about it looking bad, or thinning horribly, right?

Well, I decided instead to just go to a professional and let her have at my hair.

One of my close friends daughter works for Great Clips. I had met her before and she seemed very hip. I have had some bad haircuts done at Great Clips before, so I was a little hesitant, but since she seemed to have it together I decided to go specifically to her and not just settle for the next available stylist. I sat down in her chair and she asked me what I wanted to do.

I told her my concerns, showed her a picture of something I would be okay with and let her do her thing. She said my hair really was still quite thick but understood my concern.

Here is the end result.
 I went home and showered (to get all the tiny itchy hairs off of me) and styled it.
 She took off 7 inches. I expected it to be SO much shorter, but she insisted that I didn't need to go drastically short.
I have gotten so many compliments on this cut and style, I think I am gonna keep it for a while...and keep her as my stylist! Thanks Emily! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment