A friend of mine from elementary school does a lot of stage acting and every now and then I am lucky enough to catch one of his shows. Its so much fun to watch him and giggle at the little things he does on stage that remind me so much of him as a boy.
This show he was playing Motel from Fiddler on the Roof (for I think like the 5th or 6th time in his life). I've seen him in this role before and love him in it! Alana has found a love for theater, so I decided to make a girls night out of it and take her. She thought it was awesome I knew someone in the play, especially that I've known him since I was younger than her!
Off we went to dinner at L&L Hawaiian BBQ where we had salmon, lumpia and malasadas.
Waiting for our food never looked so cute.
Alana thought she had died and gone to heaven when we finished dinner and dove into the malasadas. She didn't even care that she had sugar all over the outside of her mouth.
After we finished dinner, we headed out to Roseville for the show.
I love theater time with my girly.
I love how excited she gets over stuff like this.
"Even a poor tailor is entitled to a little bit of happiness!"
Jason, aka "Clocky" in the middle of the shot above as Motel. His beard always impresses me.
"Oh...THANK YOU PAPA!"
Yay! Papa gave them his blessing to get married!
I always like to hang out after the show to chat with Jason a bit. When I saw him come out I giggled because of his shirt. He's a HUGE Disney fan. I introduced him to Alana and snapped this picture. She thought it was so cool to be talking to one of the actors. :-)
Then Alana snapped a picture of my oldest friend and I.
We chatted for a little longer about the show and how he decided this was his last time playing Motel. He felt weird playing someone who's love interest was always played by someone younger than him. This time, the girl had JUST turned 18. That was weird for him because for some reason in this show, the director made them kiss when they were married on stage, and he had never had to do that before in any of the other productions he played the same role in. So he said if he ever did Fiddler again he would try for RevTevya or one of the village men.
No matter what show he's in, he's been fantastic. I can't wait for the next thing he's in that I can see him in!









No comments:
Post a Comment