Saturday, September 5, 2015

California Air Show 10-5-2013

A couple of our friends had four extra tickets to the California Air Show and offered them to us to tag along. Strangely, even though Tim and I have lived in the Sacramento area basically our entire lives, neither of us had ever been (that we could remember anyway) so we happily nabbed the extra tickets to take the kids.
I didn't realize how much more there would be to see than just planes flying around.
Brayden thought this dragster was awesome, and both kids thought it was cool that its was named Saturday's Warrior, just like one of my favorite movies.
To kick off the main part of the airshow, a couple of men skydived with flags attached to their uniforms while the star spangled banner played on the ground.
 Then another plane made a heart with an arrow through it/
Then, randomly, an outhouse on wheels peeled out across one of the landing strips. That had us laughing pretty hard. 
 Tim and the kids wandered around some of the booths before the main part of the airshow started and each of them found some sunglasses. It was quite hot that day and the sun was giving all of us a headache as we looked into the sky. Isn't my family cute?
Alana was not impressed that I wanted a close up of her with her shades on. Headaches sometimes bring out the worst in people. 
The kids thought this guy was amazing. I thought he was crazy. He's standing on the top of the plane with NO NET or parachute of any kind in case he fell.
 Brayden was a little more okay with me taking a picture of him in his new sunglasses. I think the soda helped.
This is where the real oooohs and ahhhhs came. These guys were amazing! 
I couldn't believe how well they stayed in formation together. 
Beautiful. 
 This had me going, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" It looked like a mirror.
 I can't imagine how many hours of practice it takes to do this stuff. 
 Breaking away to do more separate stuff.
 Like making a penguin in the sky.
 And another heart with an arrow through it.
This was by far my favorite though. All six of them back together with red, white and blue coming out of their exhaust while "Proud to Be An American" played for the crowd. 
It was such a fun day despite the heat and headaches we got. I think we will go again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment