I love having my sister live so "close" now. We get to see her and her family WAY more than we did when they lived in Utah. Reno isn't close, but its closer and its good enough for me.
She and her kids came home for a visit back in February. The weekend they came happened to fall on our Grandpa's 73rd birthday, so we decided to celebrate.
Grandpa's birthday was on Sunday, but Friday evening and Saturday we hung out too. My nephew Joshua stayed overnight with us Saturday to Sunday after spending the better part of the day Saturday playing with Brayden. Brayden sure loves that he sees Joshy more. He is surrounded by girls most of the time, so this is a nice change for him. Here's the boys the morning after the sleep over.
I was put in charge of the cake for the party. I wasn't thrilled with how the cake came out, but Tim and the kids said it looked nice, so I didn't worry about it too much. Then we showed up to my grandparents house and everyone commented on how my cake looked like boobs with a fancy necklace...oh boy...they are kinda right.. My cousin, Laura even said that they were lactating because the strawberries I used were frozen and they leaked down some. I will never live this cake down for as long as I live.
And of course I did my usual wandering around taking pictures of people. I started with Alana and Aunt Ginny.
Here's Tiff, Aunt Ginny and Kylie. (Aunt Ginny moves fast!)
Aybree found a creepy Furby coloring book and asked me to take her picture. Creepy but cute! :)
And then the silly faces happened :)
Shortly after my silly faces picture taking with Aybree we decided to do cake and ice cream. (oh, I forgot to mention that since we were all together, and since my Grama's birthday is basically a week after Grandpa's, we celebrated her too, but I made her white chocolate (her favorite) macadamia nut cookies from scratch) So here's Grandpa blowing out the boobs, I mean the candles.
After cake and ice cream Aybree seemed a little sad. Uncle Glenn came over and fixed that!
Alana and Aunt Tiffy sat at the table and colored a picture in Aybree's creepy Furby coloring book and talked. I love how interested Tiffany looks in what Alana is telling her.
Since Tim was there, the kids basically attacked him and used him as what most kids do: Uncle Tim the jungle gym!
I caught his eye while the kids weren't paying attention and told him to slowly move into "horsey" position. As you can see by their faces, Aybree and SileƱa LOVED that!
Aybree and cousin Laura.
Like I said, we LOVE that Tiff lives closer. We have already seen her again since this visit. She said she wants to try to come home to visit once a month. We'll see how that works out, but for now, I am just loving that I see her and her family more than once a year (if I'm lucky).












No comments:
Post a Comment