Monday, January 12, 2015

Circus 9-14-2013

After working for a while, I decided that I needed to do something for my kids, something special. 
I know that I shouldn't worry about spending money on my kids in order for them to feel special, but we have pinched pennies their entire lives and haven't really taken them anywhere extra special (like Disneyland, Six Flags, Universal Studios, etc.) and we still really can't afford to do anything like that for them (and probably won't for a LONG time). I got to a point though where I felt like I was working a ton (I had recently gone from part time work to full time work) and we rarely had any family time that didn't include the pressure of homework or just having dinner and going to bed. 
So, I decided to take them to the circus.
I know, I know. The animals at the circus aren't all treated very kind, and there's something very sad about not allowing animals to be in their own natural environment, but I grew up going to the circus, and we've been to the zoo, so why not let my kids experience something I used to love at least once in their lives.
We all had favorite moments and acts.
Alana thought the horses were beautiful, and we bought her a souvenir horse like the white ones. 
 We all thought these guys on unicycles were pretty cool.
 Tim's favorite part was the tigers.
 These people were freaks of nature (which is expected when you think circus). Their strength was incredible to say the least.
 Here's the kids with their souvenirs. Brayden chose a funny light up mo hawk headband.
 It looked fabulous on Tim. :-)
 Me and my boy
 Tim with his mini-me.
 Me and my girly.
 The tall ones
 And the love birds.
 After a brief intermission, the circus began again. I cried when the elephants came out.
They are just such amazing animals.  
It amazes me that they are so large yet so majestic and beautiful. 
I wish I could have one.
No, really. I would if I could.

There was so much more that we loved about the circus and the kids were eager to return again sometime. I don't know if we will go again next year, but I love that they loved it as much as I did when I was young.
Maybe someday we will be able to afford to go to a nice zoo like San Diego or even to Sea World to see more up close. 
For now we will cherish our memories (and photos) of our first family circus trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment